Delhi gangrape very upsetting incident: PM
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Sharing the widespread outrage over Delhi gangrape, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh described it as "very upsetting" incident and directed Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to ensure such cases do not recur.
"It's a heinous crime. It is very upsetting," he said about Sunday night's incident while receiving a delegation of women MPs on the issue.
Agonised at the incident, Singh told the delegation that he had directed the Home Minister to take all measures to ensure that culprits are brought to justice and such cases do not recur, sources said.
The remarks came as Parliament continued to witness anger with members seeking adequate protection for women in the backdrop of the barbaric incident of rape of a 23-year-old girl.