Delhi gangrape victim's family wants death for all accused
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
The family of Delhi gangrape victim on Friday said it would not want anything less than death sentence for all the accused, including the minor, and urged the Central government to amend the law in this connection.
The offer of a government job to one in the family by the Delhi government was turned down by the victim's brother.
"The family would never accept that the person who played a major role in the crime is let off with a mere punishment of three years only because he has the excuse that he is a minor," the grandfather of the 23-year-old victim said.
The family would urge the Central government to amend the law in this connection, he said.
The brother of the deceased, on phone from Delhi, said the offer of the Delhi government of government job to one in the family had been turned down and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has been informed of this.
The brother said as of now he is only an intermediate and so would not get a good job.
He said Dikshit had assured him of admission into an engineering course.
The brother said his family had full faith that the medical examination would prove him (minor accused) to be a major and pave way for the sternest of punishment.
The family wants that all the accused are given death sentence, he said.
The demand for amendment of the law comes in the backdrop of The Justice Verma Committee recommending life for gangrape but no death penalty.