Delhi gangrape: Victim wanted accused to be burnt alive
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
The 23-year-old gangrape victim's friend, who appeared on television on Friday, said the victim had told the magistrate that the culprits should be burnt alive.
"I heard her tell the SDM to burn them alive instead of hanging them," he said in the interview.
The friend told Zee News that had the victim been treated "in a good hospital from the beginning, she might have been with us today".
He also said the fact remains that no one from the public had tried to help the two of them on December 16 as they lay beaten and bloodied on the road for nearly half an hour.
He also said he felt that the decision to move her to Singapore had been taken under pressure from the public.
"It seemed like... so much protest had taken place that day, so let's take her to Singapore. If they really had sympathy, the decision should have been taken at the right time. One gives water to a thirsty person when he is thirsty and not later, when the person is dead," he said.