Delhi gangrape: Victim wanted accused to be burnt alive
- Robert Vadra attacks govt on privileges for MPs and other VIPs at airports
- Khetan says will not spare Bhushans after 'paid journalist' charges
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maha govt tells HC
- ISIS leader Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Political intervention in bureaucracy inevitable: PM Modi
The 23-year-old gangrape victim's friend, who appeared on television on Friday, said the victim had told the magistrate that the culprits should be burnt alive.
"I heard her tell the SDM to burn them alive instead of hanging them," he said in the interview.
The friend told Zee News that had the victim been treated "in a good hospital from the beginning, she might have been with us today".
He also said the fact remains that no one from the public had tried to help the two of them on December 16 as they lay beaten and bloodied on the road for nearly half an hour.
He also said he felt that the decision to move her to Singapore had been taken under pressure from the public.
"It seemed like... so much protest had taken place that day, so let's take her to Singapore. If they really had sympathy, the decision should have been taken at the right time. One gives water to a thirsty person when he is thirsty and not later, when the person is dead," he said.