Delhi gangrape: Victim's mother collapses, docs say now stable
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
Unable to bear the loss of her daughter, the 45-year-old mother of the Delhi gang-rape victim collapsed today and rushed to a city hospital where doctors said her condition was stable.
Doctors at the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital in west Delhi said the woman underwent through check-ups and was doing "completely fine" now.
A senior doctor said she was suffering from grief and that is why she went unconscious for some time in the morning after the cremation.
"Once she was brought to the hospital, the woman was thoroughly checked. We performed CT scan and other diagnosis on her. She is completely fine," the doctor said.
He said the woman was frail and was not able to bear the loss of her daughter. "It also looks like she had not had proper food for the past 10-12 days and she is very weak. We call it the grief effect," the doctor said.
The doctor said the victim's mother must have been anxious and disturbed for the past couple of weeks and this was the reason for her collapse.
The woman is under the observation of doctors, the doctor said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota