Delhi gangrape: Victim's mother collapses, docs say now stable
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
Unable to bear the loss of her daughter, the 45-year-old mother of the Delhi gang-rape victim collapsed today and rushed to a city hospital where doctors said her condition was stable.
Doctors at the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital in west Delhi said the woman underwent through check-ups and was doing "completely fine" now.
A senior doctor said she was suffering from grief and that is why she went unconscious for some time in the morning after the cremation.
"Once she was brought to the hospital, the woman was thoroughly checked. We performed CT scan and other diagnosis on her. She is completely fine," the doctor said.
He said the woman was frail and was not able to bear the loss of her daughter. "It also looks like she had not had proper food for the past 10-12 days and she is very weak. We call it the grief effect," the doctor said.
The doctor said the victim's mother must have been anxious and disturbed for the past couple of weeks and this was the reason for her collapse.
The woman is under the observation of doctors, the doctor said.