Delhi gangrape victim's mother says her soul will not rest in peace till rapist are 'hanged'
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
On her death bed, the 23-year-old Delhi girl who was gangraped and brutally assaulted on a bus, told her mother that she wanted her tormentors to be 'burnt alive' as a punishment for what they did to her.
The grieving mother of the physiotherapy student now says that her soul will never know any rest if the men who tormented her daughter were not hanged.
"She was our life. I want only one thing. I want to see those animals hang," the 46-year-old mother of the young girl told The Sunday Telegraph.
As the culprits face a trial amid a huge outcry in India, the mother recalls how her daughter had expressed in no uncertain terms that she wanted them burnt alive.
"Mama, I want them to be burnt alive," is what the girl had whispered to her mother on her death bed.
The girl, who had suffered severe internal injuries and infection following the brutal attack, died in Singapore on December 29 after being flown to a hospital there for a possible intestine transplant.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota