Delhi gangrape victim's mother says her soul will not rest in peace till rapist are 'hanged'
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
On her death bed, the 23-year-old Delhi girl who was gangraped and brutally assaulted on a bus, told her mother that she wanted her tormentors to be 'burnt alive' as a punishment for what they did to her.
The grieving mother of the physiotherapy student now says that her soul will never know any rest if the men who tormented her daughter were not hanged.
"She was our life. I want only one thing. I want to see those animals hang," the 46-year-old mother of the young girl told The Sunday Telegraph.
As the culprits face a trial amid a huge outcry in India, the mother recalls how her daughter had expressed in no uncertain terms that she wanted them burnt alive.
"Mama, I want them to be burnt alive," is what the girl had whispered to her mother on her death bed.
The girl, who had suffered severe internal injuries and infection following the brutal attack, died in Singapore on December 29 after being flown to a hospital there for a possible intestine transplant.