Delhi gangrape victim's mother says her soul will not rest in peace till rapist are 'hanged'
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- Modiâs mark on BJP manifesto
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP talking of minority welfare is like Dracula heading blood bank, says Congress
On her death bed, the 23-year-old Delhi girl who was gangraped and brutally assaulted on a bus, told her mother that she wanted her tormentors to be 'burnt alive' as a punishment for what they did to her.
The grieving mother of the physiotherapy student now says that her soul will never know any rest if the men who tormented her daughter were not hanged.
"She was our life. I want only one thing. I want to see those animals hang," the 46-year-old mother of the young girl told The Sunday Telegraph.
As the culprits face a trial amid a huge outcry in India, the mother recalls how her daughter had expressed in no uncertain terms that she wanted them burnt alive.
"Mama, I want them to be burnt alive," is what the girl had whispered to her mother on her death bed.
The girl, who had suffered severe internal injuries and infection following the brutal attack, died in Singapore on December 29 after being flown to a hospital there for a possible intestine transplant.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains