Delhi gangrape: Vinay Sharma vomitting blood after being attacked in jail, says lawyer
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Lawyer of December 16 Delhi gangrape prime accused says Vinay Sharma was attacked in Tihar jail and is in critical condition. He has reportedly been injured in the chest and is vomitting blood.
The lawyer A P Singh further says that the medical authorities and police are both neglecting to provide adequate medical care and facilities to Vinay Sharma.
Meanwhile, a special court today directed the Tihar jail authorities to provide proper medical care to one of the December 16 gangrape accused, who is not keeping well and has been hospitalised for last several days.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna passed the order after accused Vinay Sharma's counsel claimed in the court that his client is in a critical condition and not getting proper medical treatment as the doctors of government hospital where he is admitted are on strike.
The judge also asked the jail authorities to find out whether the doctors were on strike and to inform him if Vinay can be shifted to a private hospital.
"The jail superintendent is directed to look into the matter. If doctors are on strike then make arrangements to shift the accused Vinay to another hospital where better facilities are available.
"See if he can be shifted to any other private hospital. Tell me if as per jail manual, I can send him to another hospital at government expense," the court said.
Special Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan denied claims of Vinay's counsel A P Singh, saying the doctors were on strike only for a few hours.
The court, however, said, "If doctors were on strike than why have you (jail) sent the accused to this hospital."
Vinay has not attended court proceedings since May 8 as he is not keeping well.
Vinay and five others, including a juvenile, are accused of gangraping a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here on the night of December 16, 2012. The girl died of her injuries in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2