Delhi gangrape-effect? None whatsoever! More rapes mar India
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Even as the entire country is on the boil over the horrific gangrape and subsequent death of the Delhi gangrape victim and security forces are on top alert, instances of rape across the country show no sign of declining as is indicated by the numerous cases of the crime that have been lodged today.
Woman molested at New Year bash in Mumbai
A 29-year-old married woman was allegedly molested by a drunken man while celebrating the New Year at a beach crowded with revellers in suburban Juhu, police said on Tuesday.
The accused was subsequently arrested, they said.
The victim and her husband were celebrating at the Juhu Chowpatty as the New Year ushered in. Around 1.30 am, the accused, Hyder Ali, who was a part of the crowd at the beach, touched the victim inappropriately, police said.
"Her husband immediately reported the incident to policemen deployed at the beach," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector of Santacruz police station.
The accused was subsequently caught and taken to police station, where he was arrested for molesting the woman and charged under section 354 of the IPC.
Ali was produced before a local court today where he was granted bail.
Minor girl sexually assaulted in Pune
A minor girl was sexually assaulted by an unidentified person in the suburban Hadapsar area on Tuesday, police said.
The six-year-old was found lying in an open ground after the alleged incident and was taken to hospital, police said adding that no arrest had been made.
The victim, who stayed with her mother in a slum colony, had left her house in the morning.
She was admitted to a government hospital and was reported to be out of danger.
Investigations were on in the case, they added.
Married woman gang-raped in J-K
Jammu: In yet another incident of gangrape, a married woman belonging to a lower caste was allegedly raped by three men in Rajouri district of the state.
- India is a batting country, so the odd fast bowler may slip through
- AAP barricades itself in, party’s Hanuman Road office locked down
- Ramdin ton not enough as England win game, series
- Delhi aced by Services
- Kejriwal govt was reduced to a minority, Centre tells SC
- BCCI guarded in its reply to Supreme Court