Delhi gangrape-effect? None whatsoever! More rapes mar India
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Election Commission sends notice to defiant Azam Khan over Kargil remark
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
He also used to make phone calls to her, police said adding the girl had informed her father sometime ago about the alleged harassment.
Disturbed by harassment by the man, the girl hanged herself from a ceiling fan at her home in Bhagirathwadi area of the city last night, police said.
Based on a complaint filed by the deceased's father, police have registered a case against the accused under sections 306 (abetment of suicide) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
A search has been launched for Borkar who is at large, they added.
Youth gets 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
Akola: A person was sentenced to ten years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a 14-year-old girl repeatedly on the premise of marrying her, resulting in pregnancy.
The sentence was handed out yesterday by fast track court judge P M Divte, who also imposed a fine of Rs 1 lakh on the accused in the 2010 case.
The incident took place in village Mandva in Mehkan taluka of Buldhana when accused Ravindra Lekurwale allegedly raped the minor promising to marry her but went back on his words.
Later, when the girl got pregnant, her parents disowned her. She gave birth to baby boy at a remand home, where she is presently put up.
The trial began on October 11 last year and as many as 14 witnesses were examined before the youth was convicted.
Man murders girl; angry villagers lynch him
Chikmagalur: A suspected mentally challenged man allegedly murdered a three-year-old girl in Billur village in Karnataka's Chikmagalur district and, in turn, was lynched by angry locals today, police said.
Initially, police said, the culprit Naron Prakash gained entry into an house and picked up a girl and started to flee. But a boy threw stones at him, forcing him to drop her.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move