Delhi girl alleges rape, MMS blackmail
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
A 14-YEAR-OLD girl has alleged that her 34-year-old neighbour has been raping her by blackmailing her with an explicit MMS he made of her in August last year. Police officials said that the accused in the case has been detained for questioning but the MMS has not been recovered yet.
According to the police, the girl complained that the man has been raping her for almost a year, forcing her to yield to his advances by threatening to make the MMS public.
Police officials said that on Friday, he called the girl on her mobile phone, but her mother picked up the phone. When the man used obscene language with her, she questioned her daughter, who then revealed what had been going on.
Police said that her mother immediately took her to Sultanpuri police station in Outer Delhi to lodge a complaint. A case has been registered.