Delhi girl alleges rape, MMS blackmail
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A 14-YEAR-OLD girl has alleged that her 34-year-old neighbour has been raping her by blackmailing her with an explicit MMS he made of her in August last year. Police officials said that the accused in the case has been detained for questioning but the MMS has not been recovered yet.
According to the police, the girl complained that the man has been raping her for almost a year, forcing her to yield to his advances by threatening to make the MMS public.
Police officials said that on Friday, he called the girl on her mobile phone, but her mother picked up the phone. When the man used obscene language with her, she questioned her daughter, who then revealed what had been going on.