Delhi Girl Is India’s ‘Super Model’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
On Tuesday, Urvashi Rautela, 17, from Delhi, bagged the Asian Super Model India 2011 contest, defeating 16 contestants aged 16-24, selected from the NCR and Mumbai, to represent India at the Asian Super Model Contest 2011. The finale at The Grand, Vasant Kunj, in Delhi, was a blingy affair with lots of dance and music. Clad in a blue Sabyasachi sari, Rautela looked like a million bucks. She says she has been a mathematics-chemistry fan all her life, until two years ago, when she won the Miss Teen India title in Mumbai. The first and second runners-up were Shraddha Pandey and Bobby Nagpal respectively.
Model Carol Gracias, who was on the selection panel, said: "I think one thing that separated the winners from those who couldn't make it was confidence." On the other hand, the girls found her presence unnerving. "Since she is a supermodel, most of us were nervous to have her as one of the selectors," said Rautela. Besides Gracias, Sanjeev Mohanty, MD of Benetton group; Sachin Sharma, Swarovski group India head; and Sahil Shroff, model and actor, were also on the panel.
The three winners will go to Nanning, China, for the Grand Finale on September 8.