Delhi govt sends formal audit note to discoms
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A week after the announcement was first made by the Delhi government, the Power department sent a formal communication to the three private power distribution companies on Tuesday, informing them of the government's decision to audit their accounts by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
The Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government had last week ordered a CAG audit of the finances of the three power distribution companies — BSES Yamuna Power Ltd, BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd and Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd.
The CAG will now carry out an "entrustment audit" of the discoms for the entire period since 2002 — when power distribution was privatised in Delhi. Six teams under the supervision of the Principal Auditor General (Delhi) will conduct the audit.
The government's communication to the discoms has demanded that a nodal officer be appointed by each of the three companies to liaison with the government and the audit team. Additional Secretary of the Power department would be the nodal officer of the government.
No time frame or methodology has been has been decided for the audit as yet, sources in the power department said.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness