Delhi HC blast: NIA likely to file chargesheet against 7 accused
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
More than six months after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) took over the probe into September 7 Delhi HC blast, the agency is likely to file a chargesheet against seven accused persons who planned and executed the bombings to avenge the death sentence of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Investigators have named Wasim Akram Malik, a Kishtwar based youth studying MBBS from Dhaka, as the main conspirator who with the help of his younger brother and an alleged Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) terrorist Junaid Akram Malik carried out the attacks.
The agency in their voluminous chargesheet has also brought out the comparison between the kinds of explosive used during the Delhi HC blast with others cases in the past. The NIA is of the view that a similar kind of improvised explosive device (IED) has been used in attacks in the valley in the recent pasts. The composition of explosive used in Delhi HC blasts is concoction of various compounds including TNT and RDX.
The NIA also said that the Delhi HC blast was carried out with the help of outside support of HM.
The agency said that the conspiracy to carry out the attacks was hatched in Kishtwar at a rented accommodation. Officials also claimed to have identified the local help taken by Wasim and his accomplice to transport the explosive to Delhi, a day before the blast.
Two persons who are suspected to be of Pakistani origin were identified by the agency. According to NIA, Wasim carried out the reece of Delhi HC, days ahead of the blast. The NIA has brought on record the statements from the officials of the medical college in Dhaka where Wasim was studying to show that he frequently skipped his college to finalise the attacks in India.
Apart from Wasim and his younger brother Junaid, others who are being named in the chargesheet include Amir Abbas Dev, Amir Ali Kamal, Shakir Hussain, a minor boy and two others who reportedly planted the explosive at the gate of Delhi HC. All eight including the minor boy (presently on bail) are being charge sheeted under various sections of IPC including murder, attempt to murder, criminal conspiracy, Explosive Act and sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act. The chargesheet against the minor boy will be filed before the juvenile court.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food