Delhi Metro: CISF restores Rs 4 lakh lost bag to owner
An alert CISF constable has restored a lost bag containing Rs 4 lakh to its rightful owner in the Delhi Metro network.
The incident took place yesterday evening at the Chandni Chowk Metro station and the bag was misplaced because of confusion between two commuters who has almost identical bags.
"Sub-inspector Randheer Kumar and Constable Ravi Kumar noticed that a bag was lying unattended at the output roller of X-ray machine. On physical checking of the bag Rs 4,11,037 in cash were found inside besides some documents. The bag was kept in the safe custody.
"CCTV footage was scanned which revealed that the bag of one Vinod Kumar Singh was picked up by another commuter who hurriedly moved," CISF spokesperson Hemendra Singh said.
Singh said the bag containing cash was deposited in the DMRC control room.
"At about 2100 hrs yesterday one Devesh Joshi of Mumbai came back and informed CISF staff that by mistake he picked the bag of another commuter and forgot to collect his own bag, which had more than Rs 4 lakh. After proper verification the cash bag was handed over to Joshi, the rightful owner," he said.
The bag of Vinod Kumar was also restored to him, he added.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi