Delhi Metro services to stop before normal time on Diwali
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Delhi Metro services will stop three hours before the normal time of 11 PM on Tuesday next on account of Diwali.
On Thursday next, Delhi Metro will make 200 extra train trips as it anticipates huge rush on 'Bhai Duj'.
On Tuesday, the last Metro train service will start at 8:00 PM from terminal stations of all the six lines – Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur Metro stations.
Metro train services will run as usual for rest of the day on Diwali from 06:00 am onwards, a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
On Thursday next, Metro trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 9.00 PM on Thursday, making over 200 extra train trips.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents to help and guide commuters on November 15 at busy Metro stations and will also operate additional ticket counters.