Delhi Metro services to stop before normal time on Diwali
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Delhi Metro services will stop three hours before the normal time of 11 PM on Tuesday next on account of Diwali.
On Thursday next, Delhi Metro will make 200 extra train trips as it anticipates huge rush on 'Bhai Duj'.
On Tuesday, the last Metro train service will start at 8:00 PM from terminal stations of all the six lines – Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur Metro stations.
Metro train services will run as usual for rest of the day on Diwali from 06:00 am onwards, a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
On Thursday next, Metro trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 9.00 PM on Thursday, making over 200 extra train trips.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents to help and guide commuters on November 15 at busy Metro stations and will also operate additional ticket counters.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi