Delhi Metro services to stop before normal time on Diwali
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
Delhi Metro services will stop three hours before the normal time of 11 PM on Tuesday next on account of Diwali.
On Thursday next, Delhi Metro will make 200 extra train trips as it anticipates huge rush on 'Bhai Duj'.
On Tuesday, the last Metro train service will start at 8:00 PM from terminal stations of all the six lines – Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur Metro stations.
Metro train services will run as usual for rest of the day on Diwali from 06:00 am onwards, a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
On Thursday next, Metro trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 9.00 PM on Thursday, making over 200 extra train trips.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents to help and guide commuters on November 15 at busy Metro stations and will also operate additional ticket counters.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde