Delhi Metro services to stop before normal time on Diwali
- Indo-Pak NSAs meet in Bangkok, discuss terrorism, J&K
- Schools, colleges to remain shut in Chennai; full-scale flight operations to resume tomorrow
- No problem with Kejriwal's odd-even formula, won't mind taking bus to work: CJI
- Screaming 'this is for Syria', man stabs three at London station
- In Delhi, odd-numbered cars to run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Delhi Metro services will stop three hours before the normal time of 11 PM on Tuesday next on account of Diwali.
On Thursday next, Delhi Metro will make 200 extra train trips as it anticipates huge rush on 'Bhai Duj'.
On Tuesday, the last Metro train service will start at 8:00 PM from terminal stations of all the six lines – Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur Metro stations.
Metro train services will run as usual for rest of the day on Diwali from 06:00 am onwards, a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
On Thursday next, Metro trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 9.00 PM on Thursday, making over 200 extra train trips.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents to help and guide commuters on November 15 at busy Metro stations and will also operate additional ticket counters.
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery
- Paris climate summit underlines progress depends on innovation and global partnership
- MP’s agricultural growth rates offer important lessons for the Centre
- In a divided social milieu, ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’ is an idle fancy
- AuGrav customised jewellery: All that glitters is now 3D
- Across the aisle: How to lose a friend and alienate people