Delhi Metro services to stop before normal time on Diwali
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Delhi Metro services will stop three hours before the normal time of 11 PM on Tuesday next on account of Diwali.
On Thursday next, Delhi Metro will make 200 extra train trips as it anticipates huge rush on 'Bhai Duj'.
On Tuesday, the last Metro train service will start at 8:00 PM from terminal stations of all the six lines – Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Huda City Centre, Noida City Centre, Dwarka Sector-21, Yamuna Bank, Vaishali, Inderlok, Mundka, Central Secretariat and Badarpur Metro stations.
Metro train services will run as usual for rest of the day on Diwali from 06:00 am onwards, a Delhi Metro spokesman said.
On Thursday next, Metro trains will be run at peak-hour frequency from 8:00 AM to 9.00 PM on Thursday, making over 200 extra train trips.
DMRC will also deploy more Customer Facilitation Agents to help and guide commuters on November 15 at busy Metro stations and will also operate additional ticket counters.