Delhi: Minor gangraped, dumped at Connaught Place parking
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
A teenaged girl was gang-raped allegedly by three to four unidentified men and then dumped at a parking lot in Connaught Place here, police said on Wednesday.
The minor victim was found in a dishevelled condition in the N Block parking on Sunday morning. She was taken to RML Hospital where her medical examination confirmed rape.
According to the police, the victim told them that she is a resident of Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh.
She ran away from her home following some family problems and boarded a train to Delhi. In her statement, the girl said she was abducted by three to four men from near the railway station who then took her behind Scindia House and took turns to rape her, police said.
The accused then dumped her in the parking lot and fled away.
A case of rape has been registered at Barakhamba Road Police Station and investigations are on. Police is checking the CCTV footage of the area to identify the culprits. So far, nobody has been arrested in the case.
"The victim is mentally disturbed. We are trying to get more information from her," said a police official.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’