Delhi playschool sealed after child raped by owner
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The playschool in Sagarpur, where a three-and-a-half-year-old child was raped allegedly by the school owner, was sealed by the civic authorities on Friday. School owner Pramod Malik was arrested on Wednesday.
On Friday, Malik's wife, Poonam, was also arrested following an order from Delhi Health and Family Minister Kiran Walia. Poonam is also the manager of the school. Police said the child was raped on Monday by Malik inside the premises of the playschool.
Walia said: "Police had not arrested the school manager, who is also a wife of the accused. Her responsibility was to take care of the children in the school, but she failed in her duties. She has been arrested now."
Parents also staged a protest outside school premises.
"We held a meeting with senior police officers of the district. Later, the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights demanded the sealing of the school premises, so that no child from the school falls prey to molesters. We have asked for stringent sections to be imposed as the victim is a minor. I have also asked for counselling of the students of the playschool," Walia said.
The police, with help from the NGO, will be talking to the students of the playschool to probe if any of them were victims of molestation or child abuse.