Delhi playschool sealed after child raped by owner
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
The playschool in Sagarpur, where a three-and-a-half-year-old child was raped allegedly by the school owner, was sealed by the civic authorities on Friday. School owner Pramod Malik was arrested on Wednesday.
On Friday, Malik's wife, Poonam, was also arrested following an order from Delhi Health and Family Minister Kiran Walia. Poonam is also the manager of the school. Police said the child was raped on Monday by Malik inside the premises of the playschool.
Walia said: "Police had not arrested the school manager, who is also a wife of the accused. Her responsibility was to take care of the children in the school, but she failed in her duties. She has been arrested now."
Parents also staged a protest outside school premises.
"We held a meeting with senior police officers of the district. Later, the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights demanded the sealing of the school premises, so that no child from the school falls prey to molesters. We have asked for stringent sections to be imposed as the victim is a minor. I have also asked for counselling of the students of the playschool," Walia said.