Delhi playschool sealed after child raped by owner
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
The playschool in Sagarpur, where a three-and-a-half-year-old child was raped allegedly by the school owner, was sealed by the civic authorities on Friday. School owner Pramod Malik was arrested on Wednesday.
On Friday, Malik's wife, Poonam, was also arrested following an order from Delhi Health and Family Minister Kiran Walia. Poonam is also the manager of the school. Police said the child was raped on Monday by Malik inside the premises of the playschool.
Walia said: "Police had not arrested the school manager, who is also a wife of the accused. Her responsibility was to take care of the children in the school, but she failed in her duties. She has been arrested now."
Parents also staged a protest outside school premises.
"We held a meeting with senior police officers of the district. Later, the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights demanded the sealing of the school premises, so that no child from the school falls prey to molesters. We have asked for stringent sections to be imposed as the victim is a minor. I have also asked for counselling of the students of the playschool," Walia said.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities