Delhi playschool sealed after child raped by owner
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
The playschool in Sagarpur, where a three-and-a-half-year-old child was raped allegedly by the school owner, was sealed by the civic authorities on Friday. School owner Pramod Malik was arrested on Wednesday.
On Friday, Malik's wife, Poonam, was also arrested following an order from Delhi Health and Family Minister Kiran Walia. Poonam is also the manager of the school. Police said the child was raped on Monday by Malik inside the premises of the playschool.
Walia said: "Police had not arrested the school manager, who is also a wife of the accused. Her responsibility was to take care of the children in the school, but she failed in her duties. She has been arrested now."
Parents also staged a protest outside school premises.
"We held a meeting with senior police officers of the district. Later, the Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights demanded the sealing of the school premises, so that no child from the school falls prey to molesters. We have asked for stringent sections to be imposed as the victim is a minor. I have also asked for counselling of the students of the playschool," Walia said.
The police, with help from the NGO, will be talking to the students of the playschool to probe if any of them were victims of molestation or child abuse.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi