Delhi Police made helpline functional 24x7: Neeraj Kumar
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Modi's name
"You have to record her statement verbatim and give her a copy. If it makes out a visible case straight away, register a case and if it pertains to your jurisdiction, start the investigations or if its from other jurisdiction you make out a zero FIR and send it to that police station," Kumar said.
To strengthen its patrolling force, the Delhi Police has asked for 370 Police Control Room vans "which the government has accepted and with this our total PCR vans would increase to 1,000 so that our response is better".
"Also our proposal to recruitment of 418 women sub-inspectors and 2,088 constable has been approved by Ministry of Home Affairs and has gone to Ministry of Finance."
He said the Additional and Assistant Commissioners of Police have been instructed to be on patrolling till midnight in their jurisdiction to curb eve-teasing, drunken driving and other crimes.
"We have introduced integrated pickets with personnels from traffic, local police and PCR vans. We have identified 255 routes which are often taken by the family and the women returning from work or entertainment hub. We have redeployed our assets like motorcycle patrol and PCR vans to intensify the patrolling," Kumar said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota