Delhi Police made helpline functional 24x7: Neeraj Kumar
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
"You have to record her statement verbatim and give her a copy. If it makes out a visible case straight away, register a case and if it pertains to your jurisdiction, start the investigations or if its from other jurisdiction you make out a zero FIR and send it to that police station," Kumar said.
To strengthen its patrolling force, the Delhi Police has asked for 370 Police Control Room vans "which the government has accepted and with this our total PCR vans would increase to 1,000 so that our response is better".
"Also our proposal to recruitment of 418 women sub-inspectors and 2,088 constable has been approved by Ministry of Home Affairs and has gone to Ministry of Finance."
He said the Additional and Assistant Commissioners of Police have been instructed to be on patrolling till midnight in their jurisdiction to curb eve-teasing, drunken driving and other crimes.
"We have introduced integrated pickets with personnels from traffic, local police and PCR vans. We have identified 255 routes which are often taken by the family and the women returning from work or entertainment hub. We have redeployed our assets like motorcycle patrol and PCR vans to intensify the patrolling," Kumar said.