Delhi rape: 24-year-old raped by 4, culprits arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: In Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi says her husband Robert Vadra is being maligned
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
In yet another incident of crime against women, a 24-year-old young girl was allegedly gangraped by four persons, including one known to her, in a west Delhi locality.
Police has arrested all the accused.
The victim was sexually assaulted last night by the four persons after the girl had come to meet one of them who knew her for sometime now.
The incident came to light in the early hours today when a PCR van stopped a vehicle with tinted glasses in Burari in north Delhi and found a girl and four men inside it. Though the driver sped away to escape the police net, police chased and stopped the vehicle.
"The girl told us that she was gangraped by all the four men when she had gone to meet one of the persons whom she knew. She went to Swaroopnagar in west Delhi to meet the person but he took her to a nearby area where he and his friends sexually assaulted her," a police official said, adding that all the four accused were arrested immediately.
The arrested persons were identified as Mohammed Shakil alias Ali, Mohammed Irshad, Mohammed Abid and Sachdeva, police said, adding that the girl knew Shakil and went to meet him.
The girl also told police that she was assaulted again in the car till cops stopped the vehicle.
The official said the girl, who hails from West Bengal and lives with her relatives in Rohini, was sent for medical examination and a report is expected soon.
The incident comes two days after a man shoved a iron rod into the mouth of a young girl when she resisted his attempt to rape her.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready