Delhi rape: 24-year-old raped by 4, culprits arrested
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
In yet another incident of crime against women, a 24-year-old young girl was allegedly gangraped by four persons, including one known to her, in a west Delhi locality.
Police has arrested all the accused.
The victim was sexually assaulted last night by the four persons after the girl had come to meet one of them who knew her for sometime now.
The incident came to light in the early hours today when a PCR van stopped a vehicle with tinted glasses in Burari in north Delhi and found a girl and four men inside it. Though the driver sped away to escape the police net, police chased and stopped the vehicle.
"The girl told us that she was gangraped by all the four men when she had gone to meet one of the persons whom she knew. She went to Swaroopnagar in west Delhi to meet the person but he took her to a nearby area where he and his friends sexually assaulted her," a police official said, adding that all the four accused were arrested immediately.
The arrested persons were identified as Mohammed Shakil alias Ali, Mohammed Irshad, Mohammed Abid and Sachdeva, police said, adding that the girl knew Shakil and went to meet him.
The girl also told police that she was assaulted again in the car till cops stopped the vehicle.
The official said the girl, who hails from West Bengal and lives with her relatives in Rohini, was sent for medical examination and a report is expected soon.
The incident comes two days after a man shoved a iron rod into the mouth of a young girl when she resisted his attempt to rape her.
- Priest Murder Case: Two more priests take narco test
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal