Delhi re-run: Driver, 6 others rape woman
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
In a case similar to the gangrape of a paramedic student in New Delhi, a 29-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by seven persons, including the driver and conductor of the bus, who called her on board the vehicle by promising to drop her at her Gukha village under Kahnuwan police station.
However, instead of stopping the private bus at the village stop, the driver Daler Singh and conductor Ravi, took the vehicle back to Gurdaspur from where "they took the woman to some unknown place on a motorcycle where she was gangraped", SSP Gurdaspur Raj Jeet Singh told reporters on Saturday. The incident took place on Friday.
The victim, a mother of two, alleged in her complaint that her requests to conductor Ravi to ask the driver to stop the bus went unnoticed. They took her to some place near Gurdaspur, where five others joined the driver and conductor and raped the woman in a house, the police official said.
The next morning, the driver dumped the woman in a near her village, he said adding, first she went to her house and them came to the police station to make her complaint.
The SSP said six of the seven accused had been arrested while one unidentified person is still absconding. Those arrested were identified as Daler Singh, Ravi, Jaswinder Singh, Jagpreet Singh and Satwant Singh and Gora, he said.
A case under section 376 of IPC (punishment for rape) was registered against the seven accused, Singh said.
The absconder will be arrested soon, he said, adding that in the preliminary interrogation, the accused have confessed to their crime.
Asked if the victim did not resist when she was being taken on motorcycle, SSP said she was "a bit mentally weak".
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express