Delhi’s Gulati to face Talwar in 8-ball pool finals
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Top seed Sandeep Gulati of Delhi scored an emphatic victory over PSPB's Manan Chandra to set up a title clash with Sumit Talwar of Chandigarh in the men's 8-ball competition of the NSCI-National Pool Championship in Mumbai on Wednesday. Gulati registered an authoritative 8-2 victory over Chandra, who had a solid run in the previous two rounds.
In the other semifinal, Talwar, who won both his pre-quarters and quarter-final matches without dropping a rack, defeated PSPB's Shahbaz Khan 8-5. Gulati, striking the balls much better than his rival, coasted to an easy victory at the National Sports Club of India, Worli while on the adjacent table, Talwar dished out another classy performance to put it across Shabaaz.
Results: Semi-finals: Sumit Talwar (Chd) beat Shabaaz Khan (PSPB) 8-5, Sandeep Gulati (Dli) beat Manan Chandra