Delhi’s Gulati to face Talwar in 8-ball pool finals
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
Top seed Sandeep Gulati of Delhi scored an emphatic victory over PSPB's Manan Chandra to set up a title clash with Sumit Talwar of Chandigarh in the men's 8-ball competition of the NSCI-National Pool Championship in Mumbai on Wednesday. Gulati registered an authoritative 8-2 victory over Chandra, who had a solid run in the previous two rounds.
In the other semifinal, Talwar, who won both his pre-quarters and quarter-final matches without dropping a rack, defeated PSPB's Shahbaz Khan 8-5. Gulati, striking the balls much better than his rival, coasted to an easy victory at the National Sports Club of India, Worli while on the adjacent table, Talwar dished out another classy performance to put it across Shabaaz.
Results: Semi-finals: Sumit Talwar (Chd) beat Shabaaz Khan (PSPB) 8-5, Sandeep Gulati (Dli) beat Manan Chandra
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past