Delhi’s Gulati to face Talwar in 8-ball pool finals
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Top seed Sandeep Gulati of Delhi scored an emphatic victory over PSPB's Manan Chandra to set up a title clash with Sumit Talwar of Chandigarh in the men's 8-ball competition of the NSCI-National Pool Championship in Mumbai on Wednesday. Gulati registered an authoritative 8-2 victory over Chandra, who had a solid run in the previous two rounds.
In the other semifinal, Talwar, who won both his pre-quarters and quarter-final matches without dropping a rack, defeated PSPB's Shahbaz Khan 8-5. Gulati, striking the balls much better than his rival, coasted to an easy victory at the National Sports Club of India, Worli while on the adjacent table, Talwar dished out another classy performance to put it across Shabaaz.
Results: Semi-finals: Sumit Talwar (Chd) beat Shabaaz Khan (PSPB) 8-5, Sandeep Gulati (Dli) beat Manan Chandra