Delhi’s Gulati to face Talwar in 8-ball pool finals
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
Top seed Sandeep Gulati of Delhi scored an emphatic victory over PSPB's Manan Chandra to set up a title clash with Sumit Talwar of Chandigarh in the men's 8-ball competition of the NSCI-National Pool Championship in Mumbai on Wednesday. Gulati registered an authoritative 8-2 victory over Chandra, who had a solid run in the previous two rounds.
In the other semifinal, Talwar, who won both his pre-quarters and quarter-final matches without dropping a rack, defeated PSPB's Shahbaz Khan 8-5. Gulati, striking the balls much better than his rival, coasted to an easy victory at the National Sports Club of India, Worli while on the adjacent table, Talwar dished out another classy performance to put it across Shabaaz.
Results: Semi-finals: Sumit Talwar (Chd) beat Shabaaz Khan (PSPB) 8-5, Sandeep Gulati (Dli) beat Manan Chandra