Delhi to get 25,000 more auto-rickshaws
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Delhi Government today decided to give permits for a fresh batch of 25,000 auto-rickshaws which will take the number of new three-wheelers in the city to 35,000.
Transport department officials said the government took the decision considering huge number of applications it received for auto-rickshaw permits.
Delhi government had started the process of issuing 10,000 new permits for auto-rickshaws in September, almost a year after the Supreme Court allowed plying of more such vehicles in the city.
Over 5,400 new auto-rickshaws fitted with global positioning systems (GPS) have hit the city roads in the last one month.
Auto-rickshaws fitted with GPS are connected with the Operation and Command Control Centre (OCC) of the Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and it can track movement of all these vehicles.
The fare meter in new auto-rickshaws is also fitted with a printer and passenger can get printed receipt of the fare.
People having license for driving auto-rickshaw are eligible for getting the permits. Currently, the city has a fleet of around 60,000 auto-rickshaws.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express