Delhi underground: Protest File
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
9 Metro stations shut
Nine Metro stations — Rajiv Chowk, Central Secretariat, Patel Chowk, Udyog Bhavan, Race Course, Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road and Khan Market — will continue to remain shut on Monday.
HC nod for fast-track courts
The Delhi High Court on Sunday resolved to issue directions to all additional sessions judges to speed up the process of adjudicating cases of sexual assault on women. In a decision taken by the administrative committee of the Delhi High Court, headed by Chief Justice of Delhi, the court has also okayed Delhi government's proposal for the setting up of five special fast track courts to deal with cases of sexual assault against women.
Major events postponed
The protests in the city forced the government to postpone two of its major events scheduled for Monday. DMRC's commemorative function at Central Park, above Rajiv Chowk Metro station, to mark the 10th anniversary of Metro operations has been put off till further notice. The week-long festival Dilli Ke Pakwaan, organised by Delhi Tourism to promote traditional food culture of the city, has also been postponed. It was to be held from December 24 to 30.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today