- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Two steps behind
On Friday, the Noida traffic police kept the DND Flyway toll-free from 9 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 7 pm. This was done to ease traffic woes in the city because the Kalindi Kunj flyover is shut for repairs. But for DND toll officials, problems began after the police left. For nearly an hour after 10 am on Friday, several commuters argued with authorities, demanding free passage because the commuters ahead of them were allowed to pass without paying. Toll officials said, "If the point of the exercise, was to cut down the waiting time at the plaza, this entirely defeated the purpose."
The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has proposed construction of kalyan mandapams to give city residents an alternative venue to host weddings. The DDA has planned to construct nine such kalyan mandapams in each district of the city. Although the design has not yet been finalised, sources said four-storey structures were planned, allowing multiple marriages to be held simultaneously. According to sources, a special team of DDA officials was established and sent to Chennai to study various models of kalyan mandapams. Officials said kalyan mandapams are a popular concept in some cities in South India. It is both economically viable and convenient, an official said.
After the December 16 gangrape incident, Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami has barred Transport officials from talking to the media. "Soon after the incident, the Transport department received a lot of flak. Thereafter, officials have been asked not to speak about any of the ongoing and new proposals. If any information needs to be given, it will be issued through the minister's office," a source said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer