- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Two steps behind
On Friday, the Noida traffic police kept the DND Flyway toll-free from 9 am to 10 am and 5 pm to 7 pm. This was done to ease traffic woes in the city because the Kalindi Kunj flyover is shut for repairs. But for DND toll officials, problems began after the police left. For nearly an hour after 10 am on Friday, several commuters argued with authorities, demanding free passage because the commuters ahead of them were allowed to pass without paying. Toll officials said, "If the point of the exercise, was to cut down the waiting time at the plaza, this entirely defeated the purpose."
The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has proposed construction of kalyan mandapams to give city residents an alternative venue to host weddings. The DDA has planned to construct nine such kalyan mandapams in each district of the city. Although the design has not yet been finalised, sources said four-storey structures were planned, allowing multiple marriages to be held simultaneously. According to sources, a special team of DDA officials was established and sent to Chennai to study various models of kalyan mandapams. Officials said kalyan mandapams are a popular concept in some cities in South India. It is both economically viable and convenient, an official said.
After the December 16 gangrape incident, Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami has barred Transport officials from talking to the media. "Soon after the incident, the Transport department received a lot of flak. Thereafter, officials have been asked not to speak about any of the ongoing and new proposals. If any information needs to be given, it will be issued through the minister's office," a source said.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly