Delhi University: Stepping stone to Parliament House
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Kapil Sibal, another DU product says that he began his career as an exchequer of St Stephen's College where he handled the finances of the students body.
"The college is an important milestone in the journey of my life," he says.
With not many other universities offering a platform for student politics, Maken says the trend should change. According to him, all universities should have elections because it is a healthy exercise in grooming students for a career in politics.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon