Delhi University: Stepping stone to Parliament House
- Nagrota attack: Two armymen killed as terrorists storm Army camp
- PM Modi asks BJP MPs and MLAs to submit details of bank transactions to Amit Shah
- Samba infiltration bid: All three terrorists killed by BSF troops
- I-T law to be changed to raise penalty, lock funds for ‘welfare of poor’
- Pak's complicity in mutilation of jawan's body in Machhil: Army
Kapil Sibal, another DU product says that he began his career as an exchequer of St Stephen's College where he handled the finances of the students body.
"The college is an important milestone in the journey of my life," he says.
With not many other universities offering a platform for student politics, Maken says the trend should change. According to him, all universities should have elections because it is a healthy exercise in grooming students for a career in politics.
- Demonetisation is aimed at a behavioural change necessary for building a new India
- Criminals, like those who escaped Nabha jail, are exploiting religious symbols
- Distress brought about by demonetisation is most for those who struggle each day
- Donald Trump, artificial intelligence and India
- Modi government’s turn against Palestine reflects a majoritarian mindset
- UP assembly shows politics has become more diverse in terms of caste, homogeneous in class