Delhi University: Stepping stone to Parliament House
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
Kapil Sibal, another DU product says that he began his career as an exchequer of St Stephen's College where he handled the finances of the students body.
"The college is an important milestone in the journey of my life," he says.
With not many other universities offering a platform for student politics, Maken says the trend should change. According to him, all universities should have elections because it is a healthy exercise in grooming students for a career in politics.