Delhi voted most unsafe metro city for women
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
About 34 per cent women indicated they loved travelling alone as it was adventurous and exciting. Another 32 per cent claimed the thrill of managing everything by themselves was a motivator as well.
According to Nikhil Ganju, Country Manager, TripAdvisor India, "The rise in women travelling alone on business is an understandable fallout of the increase in the number of working women. The real surprise is the significant number ofIndian women who are choosing to travel solo on vacation." Another interesting insight was that 78 per cent women said they would prefer to stay in an all women's hotel or on a women exclusive floor in a hotel, when travelling alone.