Delhi-Gurgaon expressway snarls: Police promise action against violators
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
A day after Newsline highlighted how trucks were forcing their way into tag lanes at the toll plaza on the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway and causing traffic snarls late at night, the Gurgaon police blamed the concessionaire for the mess but promised action against errant drivers.
Gurgaon Police Commissioner Alok Mittal said: "I don't want to comment on this issue. The wayward way in which the concessionaire has been working is in public domain and everyone knows about the grave concerns about the way the expressway has been constructed. But, if truckers are parking their vehicles in the no-parking zone, we shall look into the matter, and challan errant truck drivers."
BJP leader Sudha Yadav said: "Why should the common man suffer? Service lanes on the expressway have been converted into parking spots. This issue has been raised many times."