Delhi-Gurgaon expressway snarls: Police promise action against violators
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
A day after Newsline highlighted how trucks were forcing their way into tag lanes at the toll plaza on the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway and causing traffic snarls late at night, the Gurgaon police blamed the concessionaire for the mess but promised action against errant drivers.
Gurgaon Police Commissioner Alok Mittal said: "I don't want to comment on this issue. The wayward way in which the concessionaire has been working is in public domain and everyone knows about the grave concerns about the way the expressway has been constructed. But, if truckers are parking their vehicles in the no-parking zone, we shall look into the matter, and challan errant truck drivers."
BJP leader Sudha Yadav said: "Why should the common man suffer? Service lanes on the expressway have been converted into parking spots. This issue has been raised many times."
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota