Delhi's braveheart gangraped girl's condition turns serious, docs expect worse
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The condition of the 23-year-old gangrape victim deteriorated today with doctors saying that she is "not as good" as yesterday.
"Her condition has deteriorated... She is very serious, very critical and still not out of danger," one of the doctors attending to her at Safdarjung Hospital said.
Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital, said last night, the victim developed tendency for internal bleeding and now she has reduced capacity for coagulation.
"Her bilirubin level has decreased to 5.5 and her lycolyte count is 6000. These parameters are after supplementation of platelet. She continues to remain on ventilator. She is not as good as yesterday and she is para-sick. She is running fever of 102 to 104," he said.
"This is because of sepsis and it is a matter of "serious concern", he said.
"The victim was subjected to psychiatric counselling today. Her parents were also given counselling. In that, it was found that the victim was relatively composed and that she neither showed anxiety or depression," Athani said.
The paramedical student, who was gangraped last Sunday night in a moving bus here, was also administered another four bottles of platelet-rich plasma.
Body destroyed beyond redemption, Delhi gangrape victim fights what India hopes is not a futile battle
After undergoing yet another surgery, the 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim's condition was still described as critical on Monday afternoon, with doctors continuing to monitor her health 24/7.
Doctors at the Safdarjung Hospital giving their report here said the girl is stable but critical and is on ventilator electively. She underwent a "small operation" yesterday after medical examination suggested fluid collection in her abdomen - docs say that there is some internal bleeding too.
With her intestines gone and medication side-effects kicking in as well as her strength gradually ebbing out of her, hope for the victim was fast diminishing even as she continues to wage a spirited battle against all odds, say doctors.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties