Delhi's shame: 72 hours, 3 gangrapes, 4 arrests; victims include 16-year-old girl
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Due to the dynastic politics, people continue to live the way they did under Mughals, says Modi
Three incidents of gang-rape were reported from the capital in the last 72 hours. So far, police said they had arrested four persons in connection with the cases.
In the first incident, reported from Shalimar Bagh on Wednesday, a 16-year-old girl studying in a private school in the area was gangraped allegedly by her classmate and his three friends. Police said the classmate and one of his friends had been arrested.
In her statement to police, the girl said the classmate and she had become friends in March this year. She claimed that he forced her to engage in sexual activities, and later began blackmailing her claiming that he would tell her friends and others about their relationship. She claimed that he also forced her to have sexual relations with three of his friends.
According to police, the girl claimed that she did not report the matter to anyone and continued to be blackmailed. She finally informed her parents, following which police were informed.
In another incident, a 27-year-old airline ticketing agent was sedated and gangraped, allegedly by two men. Police said she was gangraped in her office, which is located in a shopping complex in Outer Delhi's Pitampura area.
In her statement to police, the ticketing agent said she knew both the men. She told police that the men had gone to her office on the pretext of booking tickets. There, she claimed, they offered her a drink laced with sedatives. After she fell unconscious, they allegedly locked the door and raped her, the woman told police.
The accused, identified as Sunil Chabbra and Sunil Sehgal, have been arrested, police said.
In a third incident, a 27-year-old married woman has alleged that she was gangraped by four men at knife-point at her residence on Thursday night.
According to police, the woman and her husband, who lived in Madhya Pradesh, are separated. They have two children, police said.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move