Delta Corp buys Thunderbird Resorts
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Ramdev âgoes liveâ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi addresses a rally in Assam; Sonia Gandhi to address a rally in Amethi today
Gaming and hospitality firm Delta Corp said on Friday it has bought a 51 percent stake in Daman Hospitality (Thunderbird Resorts) for 500 million rupees.
The resort, situated in Daman, is a five-star deluxe hotel with a shopping arcade, it said in a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Construction of the hotel is substantially completed and Delta Corp will infuse another 400 million rupees to complete the project, it added. The project is expected to be ready in 6-8 months.
Delta Corp, through its subsidiary, will also set up and operate a casino in the property, it added.