Demand for Kendriya Vidyala in Jeypore of Odisha
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Several social outfits, including locals, have demanded establishment of a Kendriya Vidyala (KV) at Jeypore in Koraput district of Odisha.
Describing Jeypore as a cultural, educational and business hub of south Odisha after Berhampur, activists of various organisations have sent a memorandum to union minister for human resource development for establishment of a central school in the town at the earliest.
"Even though there are important installations and offices like income tax office, railway station, All India Radio, Doordarshan, office of senior superintendent of post offices, BSNL office, office of the Food Corporation of India and branches of several insurance companies and nationalised banks, Jeypore has so far been neglected with regard to opening of a KV", the memorandum read.
"Other central government offices and PSUs like Rice Research Centre, Vector Control Research Centre and NTPC also exist at Jeypore," it added.
"There is discontentment among people in this tribal area due to absence of a KV. Being a backward tribal-dominated district, Jeypore deserve a KV", said Susanta Adhikari, an activist of an organisation.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.