Demand for Kendriya Vidyala in Jeypore of Odisha
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
Several social outfits, including locals, have demanded establishment of a Kendriya Vidyala (KV) at Jeypore in Koraput district of Odisha.
Describing Jeypore as a cultural, educational and business hub of south Odisha after Berhampur, activists of various organisations have sent a memorandum to union minister for human resource development for establishment of a central school in the town at the earliest.
"Even though there are important installations and offices like income tax office, railway station, All India Radio, Doordarshan, office of senior superintendent of post offices, BSNL office, office of the Food Corporation of India and branches of several insurance companies and nationalised banks, Jeypore has so far been neglected with regard to opening of a KV", the memorandum read.
"Other central government offices and PSUs like Rice Research Centre, Vector Control Research Centre and NTPC also exist at Jeypore," it added.
"There is discontentment among people in this tribal area due to absence of a KV. Being a backward tribal-dominated district, Jeypore deserve a KV", said Susanta Adhikari, an activist of an organisation.
At present the district has two KVs one at the district headquarters town of Koraput and the other on the premises of Naval Armament Depot (NAD) under defence sector at Sunabeda.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan