Demand for Kendriya Vidyala in Jeypore of Odisha
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Several social outfits, including locals, have demanded establishment of a Kendriya Vidyala (KV) at Jeypore in Koraput district of Odisha.
Describing Jeypore as a cultural, educational and business hub of south Odisha after Berhampur, activists of various organisations have sent a memorandum to union minister for human resource development for establishment of a central school in the town at the earliest.
"Even though there are important installations and offices like income tax office, railway station, All India Radio, Doordarshan, office of senior superintendent of post offices, BSNL office, office of the Food Corporation of India and branches of several insurance companies and nationalised banks, Jeypore has so far been neglected with regard to opening of a KV", the memorandum read.
"Other central government offices and PSUs like Rice Research Centre, Vector Control Research Centre and NTPC also exist at Jeypore," it added.
"There is discontentment among people in this tribal area due to absence of a KV. Being a backward tribal-dominated district, Jeypore deserve a KV", said Susanta Adhikari, an activist of an organisation.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms