Demand for Kendriya Vidyala in Jeypore of Odisha
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Several social outfits, including locals, have demanded establishment of a Kendriya Vidyala (KV) at Jeypore in Koraput district of Odisha.
Describing Jeypore as a cultural, educational and business hub of south Odisha after Berhampur, activists of various organisations have sent a memorandum to union minister for human resource development for establishment of a central school in the town at the earliest.
"Even though there are important installations and offices like income tax office, railway station, All India Radio, Doordarshan, office of senior superintendent of post offices, BSNL office, office of the Food Corporation of India and branches of several insurance companies and nationalised banks, Jeypore has so far been neglected with regard to opening of a KV", the memorandum read.
"Other central government offices and PSUs like Rice Research Centre, Vector Control Research Centre and NTPC also exist at Jeypore," it added.
"There is discontentment among people in this tribal area due to absence of a KV. Being a backward tribal-dominated district, Jeypore deserve a KV", said Susanta Adhikari, an activist of an organisation.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy