Demolition in Nayagaon, Kansal
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
A demolition drive was held in the commercial and residential areas of Nayagaon and Kansal. The boundary walls of some of the houses that were under construction were demolished. The drive followed the directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court for demolition of the construction being carried out in the catchment area of the Sukhna Lake.
A team of officials equipped with two JCB machines, tractor trolley and police force undertook the demolition. The construction on land that had been encroached by the shopkeepers along the road was removed. While the width of the road is supposed to be around 33 feet, this was not the case.
At Kansal, plots where the boundary walls had been erected and plans for construction had not been approved were demolished. The drive was stopped after people from the area gathered to protest against the demolition.