Demolition in Nayagaon, Kansal
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Mumbai Indians take on KKR in opener
A demolition drive was held in the commercial and residential areas of Nayagaon and Kansal. The boundary walls of some of the houses that were under construction were demolished. The drive followed the directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court for demolition of the construction being carried out in the catchment area of the Sukhna Lake.
A team of officials equipped with two JCB machines, tractor trolley and police force undertook the demolition. The construction on land that had been encroached by the shopkeepers along the road was removed. While the width of the road is supposed to be around 33 feet, this was not the case.
At Kansal, plots where the boundary walls had been erected and plans for construction had not been approved were demolished. The drive was stopped after people from the area gathered to protest against the demolition.