Dempsey's late strike gives Spurs draw vs United
Clint Dempsey struck in the third minute of stoppage time to earn a 1-1 draw for Tottenham against Premier League leader Manchester United on Sunday.
The United States forward got his seventh goal of the season, giving the hosts something to show for its second half dominance against United.
Robin van Persie had headed United in front in the 25th minute but United rarely troubled Tottenham's goal on a day when Wayne Rooney was only deployed from the bench in the second half.
United's lead over Manchester City at the top of the league has now been cut to five points.
Despite retrieving a point, Tottenham fell four points behind third-place Chelsea, which beat Arsenal 2-1 earlier Sunday.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players