Denied BJP ticket in Gujarat Assembly elections, 38-yr-old Ketan Inamdar is the only Independent to win
- Fresh tremors felt in Nepal as death toll crosses 4,000 mark
- Nepal Earthquake: At Kathmandu Airport, a bit of panic, a lot of paranthas and puri
- Paid Rs 320 for a bottle of water, Nepal quake survivors recall the horror
- Nepal earthquake: First hand account from a mountaineer
- Even moderate tremors can cause heavy casualties in Delhi: Experts
Thirty-four-year old Ketan Inamdar emerged as the only Independent candidate to win. He was pitted against two MLAs, Upendrasinh Gohil from and BJP's Khumansinh Chauhan, from Vadodara's Savli constituency.
Inamdar was associated with BJP and was a frontrunner for ticket from the party, which he was denied at the last moment.
Asked if he would join BJP again, he said his priority was to serve the public of Savli that has helped him win. "This is the victory of the youth, and of all those who have reposed faith in me," he said.
Cong candidate hurt, goes on to win
Ahmedabad: The 52-year-old Congress candidate from Morva Hadaf constituency in the Panchmahals, Savitaben Kanth, sustained internal injuries after she collapsed and fell this morning. She has been shifted to a private hospital in Vadodara where she is currently being treated. Savitaben won from the seat.