Denied BJP ticket in Gujarat Assembly elections, 38-yr-old Ketan Inamdar is the only Independent to win
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Thirty-four-year old Ketan Inamdar emerged as the only Independent candidate to win. He was pitted against two MLAs, Upendrasinh Gohil from and BJP's Khumansinh Chauhan, from Vadodara's Savli constituency.
Inamdar was associated with BJP and was a frontrunner for ticket from the party, which he was denied at the last moment.
Asked if he would join BJP again, he said his priority was to serve the public of Savli that has helped him win. "This is the victory of the youth, and of all those who have reposed faith in me," he said.
Cong candidate hurt, goes on to win
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it