Denied ticket, SP leader plans sammelans to create awareness on ‘wrong decision’
After being denied party nomination for the next Lok Saha election from Barabanki, former Samajwadi Party national secretary Ram Sagar Rawat has decided to organise party workers sammelans in all six Assembly segments, to create awareness about the "wrong decision". The first sammelan was held in Haidergarh on Monday and Tuesday.
Rawat has now announced that the next sammelan will be held in Zaidpur Assembly segment on December 30. "We will hold such sammelans in all six Assembly segments of Barabanki. We want that SP workers and people should be made aware of the wrong decision of the party," Rawat stated. Rawat has represented Barabanki in the Lok Sabha four times and Sidhaur segment in the state Assembly thrice. His son Ram Magan Rawat is MLA from Haidergarh and he was present at the sammelan.
For the 2014 Lok Sabha election, the party has chosen former BJP MLA Rajrani Rawat, who had joined the party during the last Assembly elections.
The former MP blames Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, who belongs to Barabanki, for the denial of party nomination and alleges that the minister has hijacked the party.
"Earlier, it was Amar Singh who ran the party and then came Kalyan Singh. Now it is Gope who has hijacked the party. I have been with Mulayam Singh and SP since its inception and now I am being termed as a leader who does not have any base and roots," Rawat said.
"These people (Gope) have succeeded in getting the party ticket for a BJP leader who had joined the party a few days ago. She is an intruder in the party and had links with those who demolished the Babri Masjid. SP voters cannnot tolerate it," Rawat said.
- BJP turns a blind eye to ally SAD’s disregard of the national interest in Punjab
- Modi govt has promoted and democratised the internet like no other in the past
- A look at the US presidential contenders’ positions on issues that matter to India
- We need to learn to keep politicians away from sports bodies
- Why criticism of the Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana is misplaced and unwarranted
- Dear Governor Solanki, please withhold your assent to the Punjab SYL bill