Dentist robbed of cell phone, gold chain at gunpoint
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
A dentist was robbed at gunpoint by three men in Ramgarh on Monday. Dr Anit Gupta, a resident of Zirakpur who runs a private dental clinic at Ramgarh was robbed of a gold chain, his cell phone and Rs 7,000 by one Happy and two other unidentified men.
Police said, Happy visited Gupta's clinic for the past two days complaining of some oral problem. On Monday he was accompanied by two other men. Around 3 pm, while Happy was being treated on a dental chair, the other two barged into the operating room with a gun. The trio then hit Gupta and tied him up and threatened him.
The three then took away his gold chain, his Samsung Galaxy phone along with his purse which had Rs 7000 and then fled off on a Splendor bike. Police said, Gupta managed to set himself free in some fifteen-twenty minutes and called for help.
Police was informed immediately. While he suffered some minor injuries, a case of robbery and voluntarily causing hurt while committing robbery has been reregistered with the Chandimandir Police. The three men are absconding.