DEO Srinagar for timely completion of electoral rolls revision
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Election authorities in Srinagar have asked the government officials to make public aware about the significance of the special revision of electoral rolls for municipal elections and called for timely completion of the exercise.
In a meeting with Srinagar officials yesterday, District Election Officer Srinagar Baseer Ahmad Khan discussed issues related to revision of electoral rolls and them to complete the exercise within the stipulated time span.
Filing of claims and objections can be registered up to October 31, while disposal of claims and objections would be held by December 01, an official spokesman said.
He said that January 1 next year has been set as the qualifying date for the revision process.
Updating of data base, merging of photographs, updating of control tables and printing of supplementary list would be carried out from December 01 to December 31, he said adding, the final publication of electoral rolls shall be made on January 5, 2013.
The meeting was informed that all such persons who will attain an age of 18 on January 1, 2013 will be eligible to apply for inclusion in the electoral rolls.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully