DEO Srinagar for timely completion of electoral rolls revision
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Election authorities in Srinagar have asked the government officials to make public aware about the significance of the special revision of electoral rolls for municipal elections and called for timely completion of the exercise.
In a meeting with Srinagar officials yesterday, District Election Officer Srinagar Baseer Ahmad Khan discussed issues related to revision of electoral rolls and them to complete the exercise within the stipulated time span.
Filing of claims and objections can be registered up to October 31, while disposal of claims and objections would be held by December 01, an official spokesman said.
He said that January 1 next year has been set as the qualifying date for the revision process.
Updating of data base, merging of photographs, updating of control tables and printing of supplementary list would be carried out from December 01 to December 31, he said adding, the final publication of electoral rolls shall be made on January 5, 2013.
The meeting was informed that all such persons who will attain an age of 18 on January 1, 2013 will be eligible to apply for inclusion in the electoral rolls.
The Assistant Electoral Registration Officer shall submit weekly consolidated dairy to DEO and conduct inspection of the areas in the respective jurisdiction in every polling station once in a week, the spokesman said.