Departmental probe ordered in teacherís appointment in Left rule
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The Trinamool Congress government on Tuesday announced a departmental inquiry into the spending of Central funds on sanitation projects under the Panchayat Department during the Left Front regime.
A probe has also been announced into the recruitment of teachers in Madhyamik Siksha Kendra (MSK) and Sishu Siksha Kendra (SSK) that were made during the Left rule. The government's move is considered to be an attempt to mount pressure on Leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra and his deputy Anisur Rehman who were former panchayat ministers.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?