Departmental probe ordered in teacherís appointment in Left rule
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
The Trinamool Congress government on Tuesday announced a departmental inquiry into the spending of Central funds on sanitation projects under the Panchayat Department during the Left Front regime.
A probe has also been announced into the recruitment of teachers in Madhyamik Siksha Kendra (MSK) and Sishu Siksha Kendra (SSK) that were made during the Left rule. The government's move is considered to be an attempt to mount pressure on Leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra and his deputy Anisur Rehman who were former panchayat ministers.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment