Departmental probe ordered in teacherís appointment in Left rule
The Trinamool Congress government on Tuesday announced a departmental inquiry into the spending of Central funds on sanitation projects under the Panchayat Department during the Left Front regime.
A probe has also been announced into the recruitment of teachers in Madhyamik Siksha Kendra (MSK) and Sishu Siksha Kendra (SSK) that were made during the Left rule. The government's move is considered to be an attempt to mount pressure on Leader of the Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra and his deputy Anisur Rehman who were former panchayat ministers.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia