Deputy financial advisor caught red-handed while accepting bribe
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
Sleuths of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested the Deputy Financial Advisor, Chandigarh Region with the Border Security Force (BSF), Charu Narang Thakur from her office in Lakhanpur village in Mohali while she was allegedly accepting a bribe. Thakur was nabbed red-handed by the CBI officials.
The CBI got the information about the exchange of money from a secret source. Acting upon the information received, the Deputy Finance advisor and a resident of Ludhiana, Sandeep Mehta who was paying the bribe were arrested.
According to the available information, Sandeep Mehta, a cloth merchant from Ludhiana was promised by Thakur that a tender that was floated by BSF will be allotted in his favor.
The deal between the two was finalized for two lakh and CBI sleuths arrested the two at 4.30 pm in Mohali when Thakur was receiving the first installment of Rs one lakh and eight thousand.
Following the arrest of the BSF's Financial Advisor, the Sector 35 residence of Thakur was raided by the CBI sleuths. Some bank documents and property related documents have been ceased by the CBI.
Charu Narang Thakur had taken over as Deputy Financial Advisor, Chandigarh region, Border Security Force in the year 2011.