Deputy financial advisor caught red-handed while accepting bribe
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Sleuths of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested the Deputy Financial Advisor, Chandigarh Region with the Border Security Force (BSF), Charu Narang Thakur from her office in Lakhanpur village in Mohali while she was allegedly accepting a bribe. Thakur was nabbed red-handed by the CBI officials.
The CBI got the information about the exchange of money from a secret source. Acting upon the information received, the Deputy Finance advisor and a resident of Ludhiana, Sandeep Mehta who was paying the bribe were arrested.
According to the available information, Sandeep Mehta, a cloth merchant from Ludhiana was promised by Thakur that a tender that was floated by BSF will be allotted in his favor.
The deal between the two was finalized for two lakh and CBI sleuths arrested the two at 4.30 pm in Mohali when Thakur was receiving the first installment of Rs one lakh and eight thousand.
Following the arrest of the BSF's Financial Advisor, the Sector 35 residence of Thakur was raided by the CBI sleuths. Some bank documents and property related documents have been ceased by the CBI.
Charu Narang Thakur had taken over as Deputy Financial Advisor, Chandigarh region, Border Security Force in the year 2011.