Dera Sacha Sauda followers to wield brooms to clean up city
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Another proposal being mooted is to involve NGOs in the sanitation campaign. The Municipal Corporation would pay the NGOs for adopting different sectors. The parks and greenbelts of these sectors could be kept clean by them.
Chawla says, "A major problem that we face is the shortage of manpower. For this, we are trying to seek involvement of associations and NGOs. I have talked to some organisations who have shown interest in this. They would be required to create awareness among the area residents about not littering and maintaining cleanliness."