Deshpande clinches billiards championship
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Yash Deshpande of Deccan Gymkhana won the Open Billiards title, beating Rajendra Adhav in an all-Deccan final in the first edition of the Open Billiards Championship at the Deccan Gymkhana tables.
In the best-of-seven-frame final, Deshpande potted cleanly, giving no chance to Adhav as he won four straight frames 50-39, 50-27, 50-36, 50-31 to win the title with aplomb.
In the semifinals, Adhav had beaten in-form Siddharth Baran of Deccan Gymkhana 50-16, 15-50, 50-27, 12-50, 50-0, which included an unfinished break of 46 in the fifth frame.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.