Deshpande clinches billiards championship
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
Yash Deshpande of Deccan Gymkhana won the Open Billiards title, beating Rajendra Adhav in an all-Deccan final in the first edition of the Open Billiards Championship at the Deccan Gymkhana tables.
In the best-of-seven-frame final, Deshpande potted cleanly, giving no chance to Adhav as he won four straight frames 50-39, 50-27, 50-36, 50-31 to win the title with aplomb.
In the semifinals, Adhav had beaten in-form Siddharth Baran of Deccan Gymkhana 50-16, 15-50, 50-27, 12-50, 50-0, which included an unfinished break of 46 in the fifth frame.
Deshpande shut out 70-year-old Bhalchandra Dixit in the second semifinal, taking just four frames to earn victory. Deshpande won 51-28, 41-51, 52-21, 50-38.