Designer Naeem Khan makes debut at Lakme Fashion Week
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Indian-born American designer Naeem Khan, whose client list boasts of US First Lady Michelle Obama and singing superstar Beyonce, today showcased his collection in a debut show held at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week here.
"I am happy and proud to be here. I was anxious thinking how Indians will perceive my work," Khan told reporters.
Naeem Khan's clientele also includes Penelope Cruz, Eva Longoria, Lea Michele, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Carrie Underwood, Florence Welch, Emily Blunt, and Queen Noor of Jordan.
Among the desi stars who wear Khan's creations include Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
Khan presented a predominately western feminine collection.
Models showcased his ensemble wearing long and short gowns and dresses, pants, skirts, jackets in shades of black, tomato red, bottle green and navy blue.
A model wore a colourful sari draped differently, which was called "ball gown sari", which Khan said is specially designed for Indian women.
"This ball gown sari is especially designed for India. It is one piece of fabric without any stitches and just needs to be draped," he said.
"The colour and fabrics that I have used I think can be worn all year round," Khan added.
Frieda Pinto was among a few celebrities present during the show.