Designer Vikram Phadnis to turn director soon
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Fashion designer Vikram Phadnis, who has been working on his directorial debut for quite some time, says he might add a touch of rural India to his film.
The Mumbai-based designer has decided to showcase a non-glamorous collection - 'Swades', inspired by rural India during the summer-resort edition of Lakme Fashion Week, when the five-day fashion extravaganza begins here from March 22.
"I have plans to direct a film. Hopefully I will start shooting this year. But as of now I have not finalised anything. I am right now busy with 'Swades'," Vikram said in an interview.
Vikram said he would like to add an element of rural India in his film.
"I went to a number of villages and I think all that I saw will probably reflect in my film. You never know, if I am impressed I might use something out of it for my film," he said.
When asked if the film would be about the fashion world, he said he had no idea. "I can't tell much...it will be like revealing a lot of information!"
Vikram has partnered with Swades Foundation, an NGO working for the empowerment of rural India for the fashion show. To get first-hand information on rural life he visited many villages.
"When you sit at home you don't realise what rural India is all about. People feel rural India is about fields, wells, bricks, bullock carts, etc. But there is a lot more to life than just this. The rural India is real India. It is something that makes us grow. That is what will be transpired into my collection," he said.
Talking about the Lakme Fashion Week, the designer said, "The kind of work that they do in the interiors is brilliant. And that is my inspiration for this collection. It is about the colours of earth, sun, fire, energy. The whole presentation of the show that I am doing is not just a fashion
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express