Designers refused to lend clothes to Kim Kardashian for mag shoot
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A stylist who dressed Kim Kardashian for a magazine shoot has revealed that designers refused to lend their clothes to the reality TV star because of her fuller figure.
Nicola Formichetti, the stylist behind Lady Gaga's masterful wardrobe, admitted that calling in high-end samples for the pregnant 32-year-old posed "a challenge" for him during a shoot for Elle magazine's latest issue, the Daily Mail reported.
"People wouldn't lend me the clothes. But that's fashion snobbery," he said.
Formichetti said he approached several designers who all declined to lend their clothes to Kim because of her "less-than-model-like-proportions".
"She's not the It Girl yet, but she will be," he said.
Formichetti finally dressed Kardashian, who is expecting her first child with boyfriend Kanye West, in Tom ford, Roberto Cavaili and Victor and Rolf clothes.