Designers refused to lend clothes to Kim Kardashian for mag shoot
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A stylist who dressed Kim Kardashian for a magazine shoot has revealed that designers refused to lend their clothes to the reality TV star because of her fuller figure.
Nicola Formichetti, the stylist behind Lady Gaga's masterful wardrobe, admitted that calling in high-end samples for the pregnant 32-year-old posed "a challenge" for him during a shoot for Elle magazine's latest issue, the Daily Mail reported.
"People wouldn't lend me the clothes. But that's fashion snobbery," he said.
Formichetti said he approached several designers who all declined to lend their clothes to Kim because of her "less-than-model-like-proportions".
"She's not the It Girl yet, but she will be," he said.
Formichetti finally dressed Kardashian, who is expecting her first child with boyfriend Kanye West, in Tom ford, Roberto Cavaili and Victor and Rolf clothes.