Designers refused to lend clothes to Kim Kardashian for mag shoot
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Coal block scam: CVC Pradeep Kumar recuses himself from SC probe panel
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's manifesto in tune with RSS' agenda, says CPI
A stylist who dressed Kim Kardashian for a magazine shoot has revealed that designers refused to lend their clothes to the reality TV star because of her fuller figure.
Nicola Formichetti, the stylist behind Lady Gaga's masterful wardrobe, admitted that calling in high-end samples for the pregnant 32-year-old posed "a challenge" for him during a shoot for Elle magazine's latest issue, the Daily Mail reported.
"People wouldn't lend me the clothes. But that's fashion snobbery," he said.
Formichetti said he approached several designers who all declined to lend their clothes to Kim because of her "less-than-model-like-proportions".
"She's not the It Girl yet, but she will be," he said.
Formichetti finally dressed Kardashian, who is expecting her first child with boyfriend Kanye West, in Tom ford, Roberto Cavaili and Victor and Rolf clothes.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains