Despite chill, fans warmed with five-wicket win
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Although there was no Sachin Tendulkar in the Indian team but his fan following never eludes him. The 30-year-old Sudheer Gautam, who is a regular at all Indian venues and well known for his worship-like love for Sachin Tendulkar, was also present in the crowd with the Indian tri-colours painted on his face. He said, "What Tendulkar has given to the game is phenomenal. Even if he is not playing in the ODI format anymore, I will keep wearing the Tendulkar jersey to all the venues, always. I miss him so much." Then there was another girl sitting at the Terrace Block whose Tee read: "I miss you Sachin".
Meanwhile, Chandigarh born legendary cricketer Kapil Dev spent time with his coach and Dronacharya awardee D P Azad outside the Commentary Box. The fans were intimidated to see others commentators like Navjot Sidhu, Rameez Raja, Wasim Akram and Sourav Ganguly, and followed them for autographs.