Despite chill, fans warmed with five-wicket win
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Although there was no Sachin Tendulkar in the Indian team but his fan following never eludes him. The 30-year-old Sudheer Gautam, who is a regular at all Indian venues and well known for his worship-like love for Sachin Tendulkar, was also present in the crowd with the Indian tri-colours painted on his face. He said, "What Tendulkar has given to the game is phenomenal. Even if he is not playing in the ODI format anymore, I will keep wearing the Tendulkar jersey to all the venues, always. I miss him so much." Then there was another girl sitting at the Terrace Block whose Tee read: "I miss you Sachin".
Meanwhile, Chandigarh born legendary cricketer Kapil Dev spent time with his coach and Dronacharya awardee D P Azad outside the Commentary Box. The fans were intimidated to see others commentators like Navjot Sidhu, Rameez Raja, Wasim Akram and Sourav Ganguly, and followed them for autographs.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies