Destination IT @ North to promote Punjab, Chandigarh as ICT hub
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The eighth edition of the Annual IT event- 'Destination IT@North' is being organised in Chandigarh on November 22-23, and is being jointly organised by the Chandigarh Administration, the government of Punjab, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Software Technology Parks of India (STPI).
This year, the conference is centred on the theme 'Changing Landscapes, Emerging Trends' and aims to promote the region as an emerging destination for ICT (information and communications technology) Industry, to enhance ICT deployment and to synergise with all stakeholders to build the right ICT ecosystem.
For the first time, outreach activities have been planned as part of the event. These include reaching out to the masses, especially to school and college students by arranging visits of the students to major ICT company campuses in the region, an e-Waste/ cyber safety Awareness Painting competition, 'How to write a business plan' sessions and IT quizzes for school and college students.
Also, this time around, to make the event more relevant for the ICT industry, CII has been taken on board. The IT Departments of both the Chandigarh Administration and the government of Punjab have been working together with various industrial associations and organizations for better government- industry coordination and to enhance efficiency, competitiveness and expanding business opportunities for the ICT industry in the region.
The event will also include awards to emerging SMEs under different categories by STPI. Over 250 IT entrepreneurs, experts, practitioners and executives are expected to attend the event.