Destiny brought me to Bollywood: Esha Gupta
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Actress-model Esha Gupta says even though acting was not her first choice as she wanted to study law, destiny made her pursue a career in Bollywood.
The "Raaz 3" star, who grew up in Delhi, said she was not sure if she would make it in Bollywood when she joined the industry six years ago.
Esha came into limelight after ranking third in the Femina Miss India pageant in 2007.
"I was 19 when I took part in the pageant. Even then I was not sure if I would get a chance in Bollywood. As far as I am concerned I had got a scholarship to study law at the Newcastle university. But you can't change your destiny. I am now in Bollywood and was not able to study law," Esha told PTI.
But the 27-year-old actress, who was in the Capital to attend the finale of Pond's Femina Miss India Delhi, is happy to have been received whole heartedly by the industry.
"My experience with Bollywood has been very good so far. I had heard from a lot of people that they do not welcome outsiders, but I think God is with me and both Bollywood and the audience have welcomed me whole heartedly.
"My first two films were liked by the audience and my third film 'Chakravyuh' was quite appreciated by the critics," said Esha.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress