Destiny brought me to Bollywood: Esha Gupta
- BJP party of fake Ram bhakts, will contest all seats in ’17, says Shiv Sena
- To speed up infra projects, stay out of wildlife clearance, Govt tells SC
- PM woos German investors, promises stable environment
- Koraput lynching: Only 6 policemen to control armed mob of ‘200 villagers’
- It's Official: Hillary Clinton to kick off White house bid
Actress-model Esha Gupta says even though acting was not her first choice as she wanted to study law, destiny made her pursue a career in Bollywood.
The "Raaz 3" star, who grew up in Delhi, said she was not sure if she would make it in Bollywood when she joined the industry six years ago.
Esha came into limelight after ranking third in the Femina Miss India pageant in 2007.
"I was 19 when I took part in the pageant. Even then I was not sure if I would get a chance in Bollywood. As far as I am concerned I had got a scholarship to study law at the Newcastle university. But you can't change your destiny. I am now in Bollywood and was not able to study law," Esha told PTI.
But the 27-year-old actress, who was in the Capital to attend the finale of Pond's Femina Miss India Delhi, is happy to have been received whole heartedly by the industry.
"My experience with Bollywood has been very good so far. I had heard from a lot of people that they do not welcome outsiders, but I think God is with me and both Bollywood and the audience have welcomed me whole heartedly.
"My first two films were liked by the audience and my third film 'Chakravyuh' was quite appreciated by the critics," said Esha.