Details of PU research scholars to be uploaded on website
- EC issues show cause notice to Mulayam Singh Yadav for violation of poll code
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: KXIP chase 206, beat CSK by six wickets
The database of the Panjab University (PU) research scholars working in various science departments/ centres/ institutes on the campus will be uploaded on the varsity website. Each research student, full time or part time, is required to give a presentation of 10-15 minutes twice a year before the Research Monitoring Committee on the research work carried out by him/her.
This was resolved by the Research Promotion Cell of the varsity in its meeting held here on the campus recently.
The cell also resolved that after enrollment of a research scholar, hostel accommodation will be provided on a sharing basis and independent hostel accommodation will be provided after registration of the scholar, but subject to the availability of rooms.
After submission of the thesis, a research scholar can retain hostel accommodation for fifteen days and at the time of viva-voce examination, a research scholar can have the hostel accommodation for a maximum of fifteen days on request basis.
Regarding the issue of scholarship, the cell noted that the varsity would like to pay more scholarships on a merit basis. The committee also resolved that timely payment of scholarships, remunerations, contingency funds will be expedited. Efforts will be made to make these transactions online.
An Institutional Research Monitoring Committee has been formed at the departmental level. All the concerns and problems of the Research Scholars will be redressed by the said Committee.
The Committee also recommended that the cost of taking print outs be reduced. It was resolved that Rupee 1 per page will be charged with the condition that only downloaded pages from the digital library/ within the library will be allowed to be printed, on production of an Identity Card. However, the matter of the personal pen drive/ CD, and other gadgets will not be covered under this rate.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer