Details of PU research scholars to be uploaded on website
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
The database of the Panjab University (PU) research scholars working in various science departments/ centres/ institutes on the campus will be uploaded on the varsity website. Each research student, full time or part time, is required to give a presentation of 10-15 minutes twice a year before the Research Monitoring Committee on the research work carried out by him/her.
This was resolved by the Research Promotion Cell of the varsity in its meeting held here on the campus recently.
The cell also resolved that after enrollment of a research scholar, hostel accommodation will be provided on a sharing basis and independent hostel accommodation will be provided after registration of the scholar, but subject to the availability of rooms.
After submission of the thesis, a research scholar can retain hostel accommodation for fifteen days and at the time of viva-voce examination, a research scholar can have the hostel accommodation for a maximum of fifteen days on request basis.
Regarding the issue of scholarship, the cell noted that the varsity would like to pay more scholarships on a merit basis. The committee also resolved that timely payment of scholarships, remunerations, contingency funds will be expedited. Efforts will be made to make these transactions online.
An Institutional Research Monitoring Committee has been formed at the departmental level. All the concerns and problems of the Research Scholars will be redressed by the said Committee.
The Committee also recommended that the cost of taking print outs be reduced. It was resolved that Rupee 1 per page will be charged with the condition that only downloaded pages from the digital library/ within the library will be allowed to be printed, on production of an Identity Card. However, the matter of the personal pen drive/ CD, and other gadgets will not be covered under this rate.
- Four yrs on, 12-yr-old heart patient awaits surgery date at KEM hospital
- A month later, no headway in ‘robbery’ case filed by US national
- E-way users to continue paying toll after 2019
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 863 crore of Jagan, aides
- Hawkers might soon get new space — rly station skywalks
- Modi fans vs Joshi fans in battle for Varanasi