Dev Samaj College-36 paddlers claim title for fifth time in a row
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Dev Samaj College of Education, Sector 36, Chandigarh, claimed the table tennis title for the fifth time in a row when they beat DAV College of Education, Fazilka, 3-1, in the final of the Panjab University Inter College 'C' Division Table Tennis Championship at the Panjab University Campus on Saturday. Puneet put Dev Samaj College ahead when she played superbly to hand defeat to Rekha of DAV College Fazilka, 11-7, 11-6, 11-7, in a lop-sided encounter. Puneet's superb work was carried forward by Anandita who then doubled the lead for Dev Samaj College after she got the better of Meena, 11-6, 9-11, 11-9, 11-7, in an exciting encounter. However, their winning march was halted when Preeti of Dev Samaj College lost her match to Ekta of DAV College Fazilka, 7-11, 8-11, 11-7, 10-12. Preeti failed to get going against a belligerent Ekta and lost meekly. However, the score still read 2-1 in favour of the host team. Puneet then put the match beyond the reach of the visiting team as she consolidated the lead for Dev Samaj College when she beat Meena, 12-10, 12-10, 11-4, to help the team claim the title.