Develop technology, machinery for small farmers: Minister to CIPHET
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Charan Das Mahant visited the Central Institute of Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) to get first-hand information regarding research and extension initiatives taken by the institute in the area of post-harvest.
Mahant said the Centre was laying special focus on food processing industry, and CIPHET could play a very important role in this regard. Appreciating a survey conducted by the institute in figuring out post-harvest losses, he said similar studies should also be carried out in future at a large scale. He encouraged scientists to develop technologies and machinery which could help small farmers and enterprise in rural areas.
Dr P R Bhatnagar, officiating director of CIPHET, told the minister about the recent innovations and technologies developed at the institute. "Institute is conducting a number of training programmes for development of entrepreneurship in the area of food processing," he added.
On the occasion, films on the research activities initiated by the CIPHET were screened.